« Home | At risk of being judged, branded and labelled.... » 

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 

Thanks. Ya coulda clued me in.

Today Mr. Chaos and I had our first parent-teacher conference. Our oldest is in pre-K, so we met with his teacher to discuss his progress.

As a kid, I hated parent-teacher conferences. Even though I was generally a model student, I was certain my parents were hearing awful, rotten things about me. When I woke up this morning, that anxiety was amplified. How come no one ever told me the parent-teacher conference was the parental equivalent of a report card?

So how did the Chaos family do? Very well. Overall I would say a B+. Cman is doing extremely well academically. Socially he has some catching up to do, but no big surprises.

The surprise was realizing I was being graded. Even though we had no clue, we did well.